Psychotherapist and Organisational Consultant
Hello, I’m Debbie and I provide psychotherapy and counselling for individuals and couples. I have been working as a psychotherapist since 2005 and working therapeutically with children and young people since 1997.
I trained in Transactional Analysis having experienced it for myself when I was working with traumatised children. I found the theory that underpinned my therapist’s approach, along with her warmth, empathy, and resilience inspiring, and I made the decision to one day train to become a Transactional Analysist myself.
I have always believed that everyone deserves and has the potential to experience meaning and happiness in their lives. Being truly seen, heard, and ‘felt’ by another human being, can be the start of a healing process and/or re-discovery of oneself.
Having a trained and experienced psychotherapist provide a safe, confidential, and empathic space, can offer a person an experience to grieve, acknowledge difficulties, make changes, and/or come to accept circumstances beyond their control.
Psychotherapy is open ended and tends to explore historical events and experiences as well as the present; counselling has a defined amount of sessions and tends to focus more on the ‘here and now’. If you are unsure as to what would be more helpful for you, we can discuss this in our first session.
- I have an advanced diploma in Transactional Analysis, specialising in Psychotherapy
- I am a member of BACP and UKATA
- I have regular supervision with a highly experienced supervising TA psychotherapist
- I am committed to ongoing professional development and currently working towards CTA – certified transactional analysist – to become accredited with the UKCP
- I am fully insured
- I charge £45 for 50 minutes sessions for individuals and £55 for 60 minutes for couples. Please do ask about concessions if you are currently experiencing financial hardship.
- Sessions are weekly
Please feel free to click on the link to my website to read more about me, my approach, and my work.